EFT Communication Assessment with Dr. Bordieri
Over time, all couples develop negative communication patterns that can leave partners feeling disconnected and misunderstood.
This structured assessment draws from the wisdom of the EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) approach and will help you and your partner understand why even small arguments can escalate so quickly. You will gain insight into the needs that drive your negative cycle along with strategies to escape these rigid patterns that keep you and your partner stuck in conflict and disconnection.
The EFT Communication Assessment is psychoeducational in nature but can offer you and your partner insights into your relationship even without additional services. It can also serve as a foundational step for starting EFT therapy (Research has consistently shown that EFT therapy helps 70-75% of couples move from distress to recovery with 90% reporting significant improvements in their relationship). This assessment is equally appropriate for couples in current relationship distress and couples seeking to prevent future distress.
This assessment includes:
- Access to an Introduction to EFT and Negative Cycles recording.
- A homework activity to complete on your own prior to the assessment.
- The 90-minute private session with Dr. Bordieri to review the homework and track your cycle.
- A tip sheet with initial strategies to start to escape the patterns discussed in your assessment session.
- Access to a recording of the material presented and handouts for 60 days after the workshop.
After purchasing the EFT Communication Assessment please reach out to Dr. Bordieri directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your assessment session. Once your appointment time has been confirmed you and your partner will receive the homework activity via email along with the log-in information to access the Free Introduction to EFT and Negative Cycles recording.
Please note that there is a non-refundable fee of $50 once once the assessment materials and video access have been sent to you and your partner. Requests to reschedule must be made at least 24-hours in advance. cancellations with at least 48 hours notice are eligible for a refund minus this $50 fee. Cancellations with less than 48-hours notice are non-refundable but you will have access to the session recording and all handouts along with the option for a private makeup session with Julian for a small additional fee.
You can also upgrade to one of the following:
A Private 10-Hour Intensive that will continue to expand your skills of de-escalation utilizing the EFT model and drawing from some additional communication resources from the Gottman Method. The total service time for this package is 10 hours and intensive sessions are scheduled in blocks of 90-minutes or more within 1-2 months. To learn more about Private Intensives go to: https://www.familyandcoupletherapy.com/private-couples-intensive-programs.html
Add the 5 follow-up modules in the Core Relationship Skills for Couples Workshop Series to your EFT Communication Assessment. Each module draws from the “best of” insights and skills from the two most popular, research-based approaches to couple's therapy: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and the Gottman Method. Recordings of the material presented, and handouts will be available to registered participants for 60 days after each workshop. To learn more about the Core Relationship Skills for Couples Workshop Series go to: https://www.familyandcoupletherapy.com/core-relationship-skills-for-couples.html
- April 30th: Revisiting & Repairing Conflict (1.5 hours) from 6pm to 7:30pm EST
- May 7th: Strategies for De-Escalating Conflict (1.5 hours) 6pm to 7:30pm EST
- May 21st: Compromise & Getting Unstuck from Recurring Conflict (1.5 hours) 6pm to 7:30pm EST
- June 4th: Building Trust, Forgiveness, & Effective Apologies (2 hours) from 5:30pm - 7:30pm EST
- June 11th: Enhancing Emotional, Physical & Sexual Intimacy (1.5 hours) from 6pm to 7:30pm EST